‘Engaging with the Bible in Visual Culture: Hermeneutics between Word and Image, with Broomberg and Chanarin’s Holy Bible’, Religion and the Arts, Volume 23, Issue 4 (Oct 2019), pp.411-433.
The Bible as Photo-collage and Tableau: David Mach’s Precious Light Series (2011), Bible in the Arts, Issue 3, 2019, online at Die Bibel in der Kunst.
Photographic and Prophetic Truth: Daguerreotypes, the Holy Land, and the Bible According to Reverend Alexander Keith, History of Photography, Volume 42, Issue 4 (Nov 2018), pp.338-355.
Tacita Dean: Still Life, Portrait, Landscape, review of Dean’s three exhibitions at The National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, and the Royal Academy, Art and Christianity, No. 95, Autumn 2018, pp.11-13.
Selected blog posts:
- ‘The Day the Churches Shut Up Shop’, response to lockdown (28 March 2020)
- ‘Christmas Card Reflection’ (13 December 2019)
- ‘Visual Theology I: Transformative Looking Between the Visual Arts and Christian Doctrine’, conference report (22 October 2018).
- ‘Feminist Photo Lines at the Pallant House Gallery’, review of Virginia Woolf: An Exhibition Inspired by her Artworks at the Pallant House Gallery (20 July 2018).
- ‘The Perspective of Pilgrimage at the Sony World Photography Awards’, review of Alys Tomlinson at Photo London (24 May 2018).
- ‘Roots and Routes of Art and Theology in Chichester’, opening blog post as Bishop Otter Scholar and review of the Alight app (6 October 2017).
‘To see more clearly: looking at our art’, a resource for churches in the Diocese of Chichester and Beyond.
‘Reflections on Art at Chichester Cathedral: Two takes on the Baptism of Christ’, Transpositions (21 December 2016).
‘Reflections on Art at Chichester Cathedral: The Piper Tapestry’, Transpositions (23 November 2016).
‘Reflections on Art at Chichester Cathedral: The Lazarus Reliefs’, Transpositions (3 October 2016).
‘”A Magnificent Adornment to this House of God”? The Piper Tapestry at 50’, Lecture at Chichester Cathedral (22 September 2016).
‘Art and Faith in Sussex’, ArtServe (Spring/Summer 2016): pp. 12-13.
‘John Piper: The Fabric of Modernism’ (exhibition review), Transpositions (6 May 2016).
Selected blog posts:
- Graham Sutherland’s Noli Me Tangere and the Lazarus Reliefs
- Cecil Collins’ Icon of Divine Light and Philip Jackson’s Christ in Judgement
- The Chagall window and other stained glass
- St Richard: Philip Jackson’s exterior sculpture and Sergei Fyodorov’s icon
- The Benker-Schirmer tapestry and John Skelton’s Madonna and Child
- Michael Clark’s ‘Five Wounds’ and Diana Brandenburger’s ‘The Refugee’